Apr 4, 2010

Hey Baby, Let's Go To Vegas!


I've been a bit absent of late. March was a horrid month. With year-end bookkeeping and trying to get the website up and running, it's been rather stressful. My sleep has suffered and the stress-level has been dialed up to "super-extreme" for the last few weeks. Even my face is acting like I'm 13 years old and breaking-out all over. Ugh.

On a bright note, I'm chucking it all, and going to Vegas! My best friend bought me a ticket and we are heading out tonight, for five days! I've never been, so I'm really looking forward to the trip.

I'm not bringing my laptop, so I'll have to update you when I return - hopefully rich! Actually, I'm not much of a gambler at all. The only thing I might pause at are the penny slots - although I've always wanted to try roulette once. Who knows?

We do have tickets for a Cirque du Soleil show, which should be amazing. Then I think we'll just take in the sights the rest of the time. It's supposed to be nice - but not too hot, which will be great for me!

I'll catch up with you all when I get back!

Hope everyone got some nice chocolate from that rabbit that's been wandering around!

16 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

You have a wonderful time. I'll miss you. I've never been to Vegas, but is sure is a beautiful city.
Mary

Missbehavin' said...

OHHH! have fun! I've always wanted to go to Vegas.
Hopefully you'll come home with lots of good happy blog fodder.....some cashy money and lots of pictures and memories.

clairedulalune said...

Yay! Have a wonderful time Rue! I have always wanted to go there and you have Tickets for Cirque du soleil? Wait! Take me with you! ((hugs))

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Oohhh. Have fun. Sounds like just the vacation you need.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

have a great trip!

TMCPhoto said...

Enjoy! the last time I was in Vegas I was 18 back in the early 90's. I hung out at the .25 slots at Circus Circus with my step dad and filled my overall pockets with his winnings, by the end of the night my knee length overall shorts (remember those?) were halfway down my calf. That was fun!

Coach Z said...

OMG...have so much fun!!

Jessica - Magical Mundane said...

Woohoo! Have fun. I have never been there before either but my mother in law goes every year. Be safe.

Dede said...

Oh Rue I am so thrilled for you! You are going to love it and the weather. Hot but not humid. Have an awesome time! Happy Easter!

(((HUGS)))

brandi said...

~may it be an adventure filled with great memories to savor...so so much to see and do...well wishes and brightest blessings~

Nydia said...

Have fun!!! :o)

Kisses from us.

Birgit said...

Hi Rue,

Oh, you are going to have such a fun time! I have the best memories of Las Vegas. In the 1990s I had the chance to visit the city and ended up writing my MA thesis on the history and development of an entertainment culture in Las Vegas. :) I bet so much has changed in the last decade... Oh, you must be sure to share photos of your trip. Tell me -- which hotel did you like best? Did you try out the all-you-can-eat buffet at Caesar's Place? Did you enjoy playing the slot machines with their melodious cling-cling-cling? Did you see Elvis?

Have a safe and fun trip! :)

Hugs,
Birgit

C said...

Oh wonderful it has ben a life long dream of mine to go to Vegas cant wait to hear all about it when you return :)

Ange said...

Yipee to you! The best antidote for too much stress is a great time away. Fabbo!! Now - I'm soooo jealously pleased for you about the Cirque du Soleil. DO tell how it was.
Axx

Birgit said...

*** I actually wanted to send you the following note as an email, but then I noticed that I don't have your email address after all... ***

Hi Rue,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog ever so often -- I always enjoy getting feedback. :)

I am so glad that I came across your blog -- it's definitely one of my favorites!

Currently, I have a little giveaway on my blog which is open until April 24:

http://swappinghowdies.blogspot.com/2010/04/giveaway-paris-bookmark-calendar.html

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit
http://swappinghowdies.blogspot.com/

PS: Viva Las Vegas! ;)

Amber said...

Hi, I recently started following and just wanted to let you know I grabbed your blog button. It's on the left sidebar at:

http://collegewitchexperiences.blogspot.com