Jul 17, 2010

Farmers Market Saturdays

I'm home from Idaho, and had a wonderful time camping in the sunshine.  I got in plenty of shopping, sleeping, reading, and sun-time.  I'm feeling wonderful!  I hit the farmers market this morning for supplies, as my fridge is empty and my business partner said she'd run our booth today.  Here are some of the gorgeous things I saw:

Divine garlic....food of the gods!


Cut flowers in every colour:


Pretty pink chard:

Kohlrabi:

Weimaraner:

Bunny love: (no - this one is not for eating!)

The garden folks:


It's so great to be home, and taking in all the things my beautiful Valley has to offer.  If you are ever in Southern British Columbia - the Penticton Farmers Market is held every Saturday from 8:30am to 12:30pm.  Come on down and say hi!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

9 comments:

Zabet said...

Looks wonderful! I wanted to drive out to the open air market in Wolfville, Nova Scotia today but Fiance was hung over. Ugh! Glad to see someone got to have a good time today!

mxtodis123 said...

It's great to have you home. Welcome back.
Mary

Heather S-G said...

How awesome!! The garlic is my absolute favorite =) But I love purple kohlrabi, too...I've only ever seen green. Beautiful =) ...and welcome home!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Was that bunny a paid consultant on the freshness of the produce? Could be a whole new source of income for rabbits everywhere.

TMCPhoto said...

so glad you had a great trip! Everything looks great except the garlic; I'm afraid that the Bean has created a strong aversion towards garlic and onion which is too bad since up until 12 weeks ago I adored both :(

the wild magnolia said...

Beautiful nature eye candy!

Thanks for sharing!

Glad you had a good trip and found what you needed for your well being!

Blessings!

magnolia

Little Messy Missy said...

I LOVE garlic!!!!!!

mermaid gallery said...

I don't get to Penticton very often but a road trip calls and you never know....looks like a wonderful market!

Kim said...

Ohh, I love real garlic from the farmer's market. It's always the best tasting. Definitely food of the gods.