Apr 23, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket, I Don't Want A Basket


There is a reason I turn to Martha when my creativity is nowhere to be found.

I've done it all, when it comes to my neices.  Easter baskets, pastel paint cans, flower pots, funky cellophane bags and pink take-out boxes.  I really wanted to do something different with their treats this year.  It never occurred to me to take their chocolate out of the bags and let it be the centerpiece rather than the item the treats would gather in.

I happen to have several clear glass jars on hand, including a load of antique canning jars whisked away from Mom's basement where they sat lingering, never to be used again.

Today is going to be "create vignettes with chocolate" day.  The only worry I have, is how much of it I might eat as I'm building these Easter jars for the girls.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Easter activities if you celebrate!


 

11 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

A great idea for Easter treats. Awww, go ahead and have some treats yourself.

Angelwick Eden said...

This is an amazing idea. Punky and I have a small collection of jars that's been growing since last Halloween when we used them for spooky candles.

Thank you, and thank Martha.

-Angelwick

jaz@octoberfarm said...

these are sooo cool. what a great easter treat!

Judith said...

That's a great idea! Expecially for us older folk, cause we can use the jars for other things after!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cool idea! Nom nom nom . . . .

Kathy said...

What a very clever idea!

Aine O'Brien said...

oh, this is a GREAT idea!! thanks!

the wild magnolia said...

I made one Easter basket for the two of us. It's a tradition. Also, I colored a dozen eggs.

Great idea, thank you for sharing. I'll use this idea in the future.

Happy Easter.

Jeanne said...

Martha always has so many wonderful ideas! Happy, Hoppy Easter!!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! Happy Easter to you, sweetie!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Mm, mm, mm! Hope you had a happy holiday!